10 February 2006

Cooperative Art Gallery

Artists wanted

I am contemplating starting a cooperative art gallery here in the Chicago area and would like to get the word out to artists of all sorts to come and get together and see what we can create.

I was a founder of a similar project in Los Angeles back in the early 1990's which evolved into a cooperative art gallery that went by the name Hello Artichoke. The project fell apart a couple of years after I moved here to attend law school. I miss the fun and the creative nature of the people who surrounded me at the time and I like to recreate that experience here in Chicago.

I do not have a preconception as to what is good art or what should the by-laws include--that is something that the cooperative will have to discuss and form and create. Same with location, type of art, requirements for membership and bylaws.

All interested persons should contact me (nbtchicago@mac.com), or call me on my cell phone (312)925-3500.

Nima Taradji

(info taken from chicagoartisresource.org)